[Healeys] Mig welding aluminum shroud

Greg Wilkinson gregwilkinson at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 30 23:51:27 MDT 2008

Hi Gary,
I've MIGed aluminum before, but I'm not sure about doing it on the shroud.
You'd probably want to use 4043 aluminum wire, which might be too soft to go
through the gun. 5356 wire is harder (what I use) but I don't know how it
will react to the alloy of the shroud (I think that is 3003). Beyond that,
welding thin aluminum takes a fair amount of practice before getting a
useful and non damaging bead.