[Healeys] Shroud Color Underneath

tomleavy at comcast.net tomleavy at comcast.net
Fri Aug 29 15:55:05 MDT 2008

Thanks to all of you who replied on and off list. I believe that I will follow your advice on color, but I will have to mimic the factory "underspray" as it were, as I will painting the car in stages following the installation of wiring and drivetrain.

In five months time, I have reached the stage of a body-off where the pieces are going back on, and the finish coat is now on the frame and bulkheads.

My BJ7 project will have to wait a little longer for the final coats, however, as my affliction seems to have  worsened.  I have taken to plating and polishing nuts, bolts and even throttle linkages. A badly scored release lever plate has dashed my hopes of getting the engine and tranny in before summer ends. All in all, though, the car has come a long way and I could never have accomplished this much in such a short time without the experience shared here on the list.

Have  a great weekend!

Tom