[Healeys] economy run

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 08:38:50 MDT 2008

Fuel economy is a popular topic at our local AHC meetings with a wide range
of MPG being reported. So, I would like to incorporate a low tech. economy
run with one of our fall driving events. It would be based on the honor system.
Everyone would fill up at designated gas station which would also be the
starting point for the drive & record their starting mileage & start  time. Near
the end of the scenic drive, they would fill up again at a designated
station, record their fuel consumption, mileage & arrival time. Then they  would
drive to the final destination where we would calculate the individual MPG  &
average MPH. The scenic drive would have a "target" average MPH, that  could
easily & safely be attained. What I need is a simple formula (or a  correction
factor) to adjust the MPG up or down based upon the individual  deviation from the
specified MPH. Does anyone have any suggestions for  this type of "correction
factor" or formula?
Also, if anyone knows how this adjustment was made on the serious  type, high
tech economy runs, I would be interested in knowing.
Gary Hodson

deal here.