[Healeys] FW: 1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8 MKIII price $25,000

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:29:38 MDT 2008

They have a fake web page set up that looks like an eBay page and you wire
the money there, or they have you send a certified check.
You get plenty off assurances that the car is on the way, until the funds
are out of your account then you never hear from them again, and needless to
say the car never shows up.
Ways to tell if it is a scam
1. Car is pristine and selling below market value by a large amount.
2. Contact information is given in ad, and you are instructed to contact
direct not through ebay.  Often they will photoshop an email addy right onto
the pictures in the add.
3. free delivery is offered anywhere in the US
4. Buyer is unavailable (Military, expate etc)
5. You are told that they will use an "eBay escrow service" and the car will
be shipped to you.
6. Very poor English, often gets worse with every contact
Cavet emptor
Rick