[Healeys] Experience with "Kool mat" (www.koolmat.com)

Carlos Cruz healey3000bn7 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 16:16:12 MDT 2008

Jeffrey,

  Maybe I'm out of the norm here, but in the 10 years I've owned my car, no one - absolutely no one but me has ever stuck there head in my foot well and said, "car looks great!  What the hell is that on your fire wall"?

  Unless you plan to have Concours judges hanging around with nothing better to do... then again if you did you wouldn't be asking about KoolMat correct?  I say don't worry about it - cool down the cock pit and make it comfortable for you and your navigator.

  Does that count as "thoughts and comments"?

  Cheers & good luck,
  Carlos

Jeffrey Steinberg <kilo2mit at gmail.com> wrote:
  In my quest to get the temperature by my right foot to a reasonable
level, I discovered www.koolmat.com. They have a precut kit for the
3000 (I have a 64 BJ8). Anyone have any experience with the kit. Was
installation straight forward? Did it reduce the cockpit heat level?

I was going to line the transmission tunnel and potentially the
firewall but I am not sure I want the car to not look stock. Carpeting
will cover up the tranny but not the firewall.

Thoughts/Comments?

(I have already sealed all holes in the firewall, checked the gaskets
and turned off the hot water going to the heater core.)

Thanks as always.

--Jeffrey