[Healeys] Water and running rough

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Aug 23 18:31:11 MDT 2008

Sure sounds like you got moisture somewhere, whether you can see it or not.  If you have points they might have been pitted by arcing due to moisture when you tried to start.

Check your points (if you're not electronic), and all connections (esp. secondary ignition wires).  Blow everything dry with dry air and/or try some sort of water dispersant (WD-40 might work but I have no experience using it in this situation).

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell at comcast.net

From: Michael Hartfield <hartfiel at alumni.princeton.edu>