[Healeys] Water and running rough

Michael Hartfield hartfiel at alumni.princeton.edu
Sat Aug 23 17:13:12 MDT 2008

Searching the massive collective wisdom on this list.

Yesterday, I washed the engine down.  I took care to keep water off the
distributor (but not all) and rinsed after using a cleaner that would cut
through engine oil.

Immediately following the wash it would not start.

Five hours later it started, but it ran rough.  I took it for a drive and it
seemed to miss at low rpm and smooth out at higher rpm.  I removed the
distributor cover and the distributor appeared to be dry.

Today I started the car and it started without choke.  Unusual.  I checked
the choke linkage at the carbs and the choke appears to be off.  But, it is
still running rough.

Michael Hartfield
BJ8