[Healeys] 4 eyes better than 2

Dr. C. Rubino ruvino at ripnet.com
Tue Aug 19 07:36:27 MDT 2008

Since the spring I have noticed an increased slack or sloppiness in my
steering. Have checked fluid levels-no problem. Made the appropriate
adjustments to the pin with some minor improvement. Checked front end
everything seemed to be OK.

This past weekend drove to a british car show over some really nice windy
roads and was constantly having to overcorrect my steering to the point where
it was a bit scary.

so with one of us moving the steering wheel and the other under the front of
the car-wow! the steering box was moving. Tightened the 2 bolts and steering
is as solid as a rock. Pays to have 4 eyes in two heads.

Good thing as I am about to drive a couple of hundred miles to another show
this weekend.
My wife had encouraged me to increase my accident insurance but I am sure she
has never been under the car-hard to get her in it!