[Healeys] driving/fog lights

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Sun Aug 17 08:20:13 MDT 2008

I would recommend using the High Beam wiring for the driving light. The
cable from the dimmer switch joins to the main harness above the foot well
where the wire for the high beam light is joined in with a double bullet
connector. Just add the driving light supply in the spare hole in that
connector. The advantage of this is that when you crest a hill with high
beams and your driving light to be confronted by surprise by an oncoming car
punching the dimmer switch will extinguish the driving light and put the
headlights in low beam. If you really want to do the best job a relay can be
installed in the circuit to minimize the possibility of overloading the
original lighting circuit...
Michael Salter