[Healeys] Generator Rebuild

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Aug 15 07:42:45 MDT 2008

Hi Price,

In general, you do not want a conductive material (carbon) any place it
shouldn't be.  Probably not a huge issue in a generator, but I would at
least clean the dust off with dry compressed air.  A can of the stuff
used to clean computer keyboards should work pretty good.  Also, I've
used two aerosol products from CRC: Electrical Parts Cleaner and
Electrical Contacts Cleaner.  Parts Cleaner is the more aggressive of
the two, and can remove paint, but it should be OK for a generator
(except for the painted outside).  Contacts Cleaner doesn't seem to
remove paint, and works well on more sensitive electronic stuff.  Both
should be available at about any local parts store.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net