[Healeys] Old Gas

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 18:53:38 MDT 2008

Ron -

Living in Hong Kong I drive my car in California (the BN1) only sporadically
(usually 6 months between runs).  I do make a point to use gas preservative
so that probably helps, but my feeling is that gas that is one year's old
should be ok.  The biggest problem is when you get really old gas that
leaves a coat of varnish on the fuel lines, pump and carbies, but my
experience is that doesn't become a real problem unless the gas sits longer
than a couple of years.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1