[Healeys] 6 hour oil change gets even longer

Bob Johnson robert.w.johnson at charter.net
Mon Aug 4 14:12:18 MDT 2008

So 2 of you said that I needed to get things out of the car so that I could
see what I was doing. I agree totally that made sooo much sense. So, off I go
to do just that. Pull on the bolts, boy are they tight. Pull a little harder,
first one breaks loose. Good. Pull on the second one, it comes loose, too. Ok,
we making progress now. Start ratcheting away and the bolt is getting looser,
coming right out. Back to the first bolt. It's turning, but not getting
looser, maybe it's just binding a bit, keep turning. OK, back to the other
one... wait, the bolt is turning, but hasn't started backing out! What gives?
Damn, I've broken the bolt. OK, take out the loose one, I should still be able
to get everything out, and then I'll address the broken bolt issue. Hmmm, it
won't come out, but the bracket will swivel around a bit. Oh, nooo! I haven't
broken the bolt, I've stripped the piece that the bolt is into, the bracket
coming from the block, but not badly enough to get the bolt out yet. You know?
I think I'll just go ahead and get the spin on thing going. Keith Pennell sent
me a pic of just what I want. Hey Keith, where did you get that?

Bob Johnson
BJ8