[Healeys] Door Check assmbly BJ8

Warren Dietz flyhihealey at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 05:44:56 MDT 2008

 Is there a way to refurbish these mechanisms? It's normally the threaded
bolt(righthand\lefthand) that becomes stripped. I have four of these complete
and only one works(passenger door) and properly holds the door open. Over the
years I have successfully been able to rethread the right hand and even went
to a smaller threading but they become stripped and eventually inoperable no
matter how carefully I adjust.
 New ones are very pricey and I'm sitting here with three that only need a new
threaded bolt?

WD   67 BJ8