[Healeys] BJ8 Interior door panels

Warren Dietz flyhihealey at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 04:19:39 MDT 2008

Roland wrote;> "I haven't had experience with BJ8 door panels but the general
rule> with new stuff that fits near or around door openings is that you have>
to compress them to get them to fit. So it takes a lot of extra> effort to
close the doors/hoods/rear decks on new stuff the first> time. If/when you get
the doors closed, _leave_ them shut for at> least 24 hours to allow the new
stuff to take a set that will fit. It> won't be quite as hard the second time,
etc. but may be several weeks> before they close the way you would like them
to. > > Of course HS's panels may be way too thick. I would suggest perhaps>
contacting them and asking for suggestions."Thanks,
 I contacted Healey Surgeons  and Inan replied;

"In our experience, it has been the problem with the weather stripping rather
than the door panel.  We have changed the weather stripping to the bristleflex
which has a smaller and softer rubber gasket.  I have also heard people talk
about slicing the rubber gasket so that instead of bunching up the rubber will
collapse and lay on top of itself."

Inan

The work continues: Replace vent window rubber(done),interior door panels,
aluminum door finishers, carpeting(outsource), new dash when I get my next
stimulus check!? Work in progress since 1967. Easier now with the great folks
on the Healey list!

WD    67 BJ8