[Healeys] Austin Healey or Austin?

insptwo at msn.com insptwo at msn.com
Fri Aug 1 20:28:32 MDT 2008

After all this talk about registration of the Austin-Healey, I finally broke
down and looked at the Florida Title. The BJ7 was shipped from England to
Florida where it was and still is registered as Make "AUHE", Body "CV". So I
guess the State of Florida says it is an Austin-Healey convertible.
Bill
BJ7

> From: tadeusz.malkiewicz at plusnet.pl> To: aon.912808691 at aon.at;
healeys at autox.team.net> Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:23:53 +0200> Subject: Re:
[Healeys] Austin Healey or Austin?>> > I have a small question - what/who is
officially the "make" of the car:> Austin Healey or Austin?> > Was there a
company called Austin-Healey?..> > The reason I am asking is I am trying to
register the car at DMV in Poland -> they are reluctant to accept the make of
the car as "Austin-Healey". Rather,> they say it's an Austin, but the type is
Healey..> I thought at first they must be wrong, but then I looked at the VIN
plate,> and it says Austin..> > > Any thoughts?> > How are your cars
registered?> > The Florida Title I have has:> Make: AUHE> Model: /empty/> >
Thanks for all help,> > Tadek