[Healeys] Leak at windscreen wiper

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 09:02:47 MDT 2008

My Mk II BT7 3000 has a slight drip/leak from the RHS windscreen wiper post.
Nothing much, but it's there and I'd like to fix it.

First stage.buy new rubber seals. Then remove the blade assembly, then the
big thin nut, then the rubber o-ring which I put in last time.

Now the part that I can't shift..the chrome thingie through which the drive
spindle protrudes and which keeps the whole thing together and pointing in
the right direction. This would be the thing that actually sits on the
rubber seal.

I cannot shift it to save my life. Yes, a bit of brutality might do it, but
it would probably take out half an acre of paintwork and do in the mechanism
to boot. Or, I could buy a new thingie and aim to somehow cut the old one
off the spindle. But I reckon that would be very hard to do without
devastating the surrounding area. Maybe a Dremel, which I don't have???

Any ideas?

.Thanks,

Simon