[Healeys] Socket Size

Robert Larson robertlarson at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 29 19:09:38 MDT 2008

Yes, someone  on the list made them and made them available here.   The
price  was far less than I
thought the  labor involved to make it was worth.   So  I purchased one
and it is in my  Hope Chest
as in, " I hope someday I find a use for this.".

Along a similar vein the crankshaft nut comes up quite often.  There are
a few metric and US or inch
sizes that will work because they will grip enough and allow it to be
turned but the correct size is a
1W.( 1 inch Whitworth)  Being the tool freak I am I have one of these
also.

I'm in NJ and would loan them out locally but I'm not going to get
involved in a lot of shipping hassles.

Bob
55 BN1

Mark and Kathy wrote:

A four sided box socket works.  Maybe someone that bought one off the list
a few years ago could loan you theirs.   Where art thou?

Mark