[Healeys] Aftermarket Gauges - help....

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 23:44:10 MDT 2008

Hello List,

Talking about guages ..... help ..........

In my BJ8 restoration, I am not planning to have a radio, and plan to
just use a blanker.  Then I plan to insert two extra guages in the
speaker console. Probem is that std after market guages have a diameter
2 inch diameter that is just too big to fit into the speaker grill
without touching the grill - which looks unacceptable.

So my question to the list is does anyone know of after market guages
that are 1 3/4 inch diameter or less and have a chrome bezel?  I am
intending to put a clock and a voltmeter in the grill space, and leave
at least 1/8 inch space betweem the chrome grill surround and the guage
bezel for appearance.

Any help appreciated on after maket guages of the smaller size .....

Robert.

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayAgroups.asp?sg=2&pgCode=070&sgName=Hardware&pgName=Gauges

> Alan
>
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Doug Newton
> <dougnewton at sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I am building a  driver  and don t intend for my car to be original
> and I
> > was wondering if any of you have had success with after market
> gauges that
> > would be bolt on replacements for Healey ones? I have a 100-4 any
> was
> > hoping
> > someone had gone through the experience and was able to use the
> original
> > dash without having to modify the hole sizes?
> >
> > Thanks- Doug
>
> You are subscribed as rnbmail at yahoo.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

  Robert N. Blair