[Healeys] 100 gas tank

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 19:13:01 MDT 2008

The rust powder was so fine that it got thru the filter in the fuel pump  &
the filter at each carb. I would think that any finer filter would  simply plug
up & ;stop fuel delivery at some inconvenient time. Cleaning the  inside of a
fuel tank does not sound very easy & it seems like it would just  continue to
rust. I have heard too many negative reports about sealing the  inside of a
tank to want to try that approach. The aluminum tank seems like a  good long
term solution. I did notice that Moss is offering a new improved tank  that is
made from galvanized steel. This might also be a good option.
My friend's tank developed this rusting in 7 years, while interestingly, he
also has a 3000 with a tank that is 17 years old & shows none of the rusting
problems.
Gary Hodson

In a message dated 4/27/2008 10:53:40 A.M. Central Daylight Time,