[Healeys] 100 gas tank

Donald Paye dpaye at crocker.com
Sun Apr 27 10:35:56 MDT 2008

Some years ago I replaced the fuel tank in my 100 which I purchased from
Sports & Classics in Darein, CT. Other than fact that the first tank was
damaged in shipping, the final installation went without a hitch. At that
time their pricing was very competitive and I found the tank to be as near
original as I have seen. Everthing lined up OK but I could not say that it
was a dead nuts exact replica. I remember at the time having several used
tanks in my bone yard and found that there were slight differences one to
another. Maybe Rich Chrysler can help on these fine details. Someone
suggested cleaning your original and adding a filter. I would not suggest
this as you will be constantly having problems ven if you keep the tank
chuck full all of the time. there is nothing like the piece of mind knowing
you have a good solid tank that will not rust again and you will not be
spending time on the side of the road removing the covers to your fuel
bowls, sopping out gas so as to get the sediment out of the bottom. I have
been there done that too many times.

Good luck.

Don Paye