[Healeys] Uprated Front Sway Bar

tpmul at att.net tpmul at att.net
Thu Apr 24 09:55:41 MDT 2008

Allan:

I have been following the thread on upgrading the front swaybar on our Healeys. I am a little confused at the enthusiasm for the thicker front bar, and perhaps I missed an important point somewhere within the discussion.
>From what I have read about suspension tuning, conventional wisdom is that increasing the roll stiffness of only the front of a car, will increase understeer. Since the big Healey is essentially an understeering car as equipped by the factory, it would seem that a larger front bar would only increase that condition, and that the only way to benefit from a larger front bar would be to add a rear bar?

Thanks
Tom
-------------- Original message from "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut at gmail.com>: --------------