[Healeys] Loss of power after hibernation

Achim Spethmann achimspethmann at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:41:13 MDT 2008

Last week I woke up my BJ8 after hibernation and started for a first ride.

After ten minutes I noticed some loss of power and the engine began
coughing and spitting. Back at home I checked the sparks and saw a wet
spark on cylinder 5. Changing the spark didn't help. The next day I
changed the spark plug, started the engine, the same as before. I
changed the ignition cable with no effect. Rough running of the engine.
When I pull of the spark plugs one after the other, there is no change
in speed level on cylinder 5. Compression ratio is good, new spark, new
spark plug, new spark wire. What can I do next?

Achim, Germany
1964 BJ8