[Healeys] Value of Rolls Healey..

Gary R. Brierton gbrierton at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 07:36:46 MDT 2008

Interesting.  The "value"  of a particular Healey is mainly determined by how
much "somebody" wants that car.  Tangible factors include what the car
represents vis-a-vis "history", "racing history", "development of the marque",
etc.  The Macklin was infamous and played a role in history.  The Rolls Healey
played a part in the development of the marque.  Certainly there are several
other milestone Healeys & Austin-Healeys (Special test cars, etc.) that are
extremely valuable in their own right.  Other opinions?
GaryB

> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:32:44 +0200
> From: Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com
> To: tadeusz.malkiewicz at plusnet.pl; Healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Value of Rolls Healey..
>
> Tadek,
> I think the most valued Austin-Healey is a sleeping beauty, the Lance
Macklin
> Le Mans 1955 crash car. Its still existing in partly restored/ better to
say
> unrestored condition. I estimate the value of this unrestored car far above
> 500k$.
>
> Josef Eckert
> Koenigswinter/Germany
>
> -----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----