[Healeys] A H 100 Firewall plate and seperately...stud screws

William Berg williamsantiks at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 13:46:36 MDT 2008

Hey gang, so I have a Kilmartin replacement firewall plate or Transmission
Tunnel front plate, you know the one...
My original one(BN1). the screws, 3 on each side went in straight back to
front and the panel was flat against the firewall. The Kilmartin panel has
side flanges and it appears that I am supposed to screw this replacement panel
in from the sides as it wraps around slightly or should I still screw it from
the front?
Bear in mind that I have fitted a BN2 transmission. I don't think that has any
bearing on this front plate, but I have been wrong before...?

Second subject. are the Tenax studs that screw into the rear Tranny tunnel
cover... self tapping or are they machine studs with nuts on the inside?
Same for the carpet studs, self threading or machine screw style -
All help is welcome -William