[Healeys] BJ8 Distance Piece 26705 & Up

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 19:01:23 MDT 2008

DougI believe Michael is thinking the same as me, there is a spacer with a
dished inside that fits on the stub axle before you fit the assembled hub onto
the stub. (see photo) the oil seal fitted to the inner side of the hub will
actually sit on this spacer. This is the one that isnt mentioned very well in
the service manual, and I dont think its shown in the pictures. Have you got
this spacer, its only on the bj8's.The other spacer between the inner and
outer bearing is a domed collar alot thicker (around 2 inches). sorry havent
got a photo of this one, but it is shown clearly in the manual and I think its
called a distance peice and the shims sit on the domed end.Andy