[Healeys] Distributor Rotors and No Start

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 16 12:35:32 MDT 2008

Jorge:

Rotors have been a problem for the Healey distributor - I recommend having a
couple of spares in the glove box at all times.

If the locating cleat is being chewed up on your rotor, especially if this
is the second time, I'd have a careful look inside the distributor - check
if there might be contact between rotor and cap.  If you are running an
electronic ignition, there could be a couple of different clearance problems
contributing to your rotor failures.  As Steve has posted, extreme
distributor shaft wear can cause contact as well.

Sometimes it's as simple as not getting the cap seated right - been there,
done that!  With 2 failures (assuming the first was the same), I'd have a
careful look.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb