[Healeys] gas additives

insptwo at msn.com insptwo at msn.com
Tue Apr 15 19:41:24 MDT 2008

Sorry Patrick, if they all looked like Fifi, that would take the fun out of
it.
At 98 octane with octane booster, you might as well start thinking about using
racing nitro!
Bill
BJ7

> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:48:03 +1000> From: Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au>
To: ah3000me at gmail.com; Healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys] gas
additives> > G'day> > The only gas that goes into my Austin-Healey is in the
tyres. The> thought of running my Austin-Healey on 91 octane petrol gives me
the> willies.> > Here in the antipodes we have a choice of 91, 95 and 98
octane. Even> with 98 octane the engine still pings so I always add a combined
octane> booster and lubricant.> > The worry is that various state governments
are legislating the 91> octane fuel must have at least 10% ethanol.> > Hoo
Roo> > Patrick Quinn> Sydney, Australia> > (Where every young lady looks like
Fifi)>