[Healeys] Number plate

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:48:28 MDT 2008

The four digit number stamped on the right side shock tower is a production
lot number that Jenson used. It is not the VIN. And this number does not show
up on the Heritage Certificates.  Richard Mayor> Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008
22:30:57 -0400> From: pennell at cox.net> To: healey.nut at gmail.com;
thehealeyguy at gmail.com> CC: healeys at autox.team.net;
david.r.altman at altmancompany.com> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Number plate> >
Alan,> > Is that the VIN or the body number???> > Keith Pennell> > > Bob -> >
> > The vin number on 6-cyl healeys is usually stamped on the right front
shock> > tower on the flat piece of metal above the spring and below the
armstrong> > shock. Check there and get back to me. If there's a number there
you can> > then just recreate your tags from Clark Spares> > > > Alan> > > >
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Bob Abbott <thehealeyguy at gmail.com> wrote:> >
> > > Guys,> > > I have a BN7 that's been in storage for years and I'm
thinking its time> > > to> > > take on the project. Trouble is the fire wall
was cut out when the PO was> > > planning to drop a V8 in it. So I have no
serial #. The car did come with> > > an> > > engine (Healey six) but not the
original engine, so I can't even use the> > > engine to try and find the car
#.> > > My question to the group is: what would be the best way to get a #
plate> > > for> > > this car so that I can get a title issued. Any suggestions
would be> > > appreciated> > > Bob>