[Healeys] Restoration Estimation Calculator

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Mon Apr 14 18:28:58 MDT 2008

Jody,

Spoken like an accountant who has never been there <grin>
Not meaning to put you down but no two cars, or owner's expectations will be
the same. Those two variances will knock any spread sheet right out of the
park.
We could fill volumes detailing all the variables, but suffice it to say
that one would have to carefully dissect your particular car, strip bare
every square inch of metal, examine every internal component of every
mechanical part of the car, evaluate every piece of trim and upholstery, and
so on.
Then we would have to ask you a thousand times what your expectations are
for your car. Are you satisfied with a quick get it on the road driver, or a
correctly restored and accurately detailed example that's as close to
original as humanly possible, or something somewhere in between.
Who would be performing the work? Do you plan to drop off the hulk, write
cheques for the next two or more years, and drive the finished product home
one nice day in the spring of 2011? Or is it your intention to do as much of
the dog work yourself?
In other words, an easy question to ask, but an almost impossible one to
answer within any realistic margin of accuracy without knowing the car, and
knowing you.

Rich Chrysler