[Healeys] Battery Box rivets for the 100

William Berg williamsantiks at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:18:08 MDT 2008

Thanks for the pictures Rich, here's one for you... On the '54 BN1 I am
restoring, the battery box hinges are welded to the door  and the Armacord
that glues down to surrounding area (the backshelf piece and the excess
Armacord should be kerfed ( or corner-cut) to hang into the battery well on
all sides......therefore how does one locate the hinge screws to the
backshelf. The holes are already there but, do I cut slits in the Armacord?,
slip the hinges through to align the holes and then glue the Armacord on top
of it.....?

My question about the distance in the middle, was misleading, I was looking
for to ways to measure the rivet location from the outside edge and from
between the two sets of rivets.

 And for the record, I found out after I glued the wheel well vinyl in place
that there is often a bit of jute placed in the middle first to soften the
roadster top landing a bit. Oh well, trying to get it right -William in CA