[Healeys] Battery Box rivets for the 100

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun Apr 13 10:05:22 MDT 2008

Hi William,

I've taken these dimensions from a low mileage all original BN1 built
January '54. See below.....

> A. From the left and right side of front lip of the battery box lid, what
> is
> the distance horizontally to rivets

Answer: From outer edge measuring toward middle, the rivet centres are
placed at 3" and 3 1/2" in. Same on both sides.

> B.What is the distance between the 2 sets of Rivets in the middle? I
> believe
> it is 11 inches.

Answer: I don't understand your questions. There are no rivets in the
middle.

> C. What is the distance vertically from the rivets  to the studs of the
> rear
> wall?

Answer: Depending on how neatly the wrap over Amacord surround and vinyl on
lid perimeter, approx. 3 1/4" straight down from middle of two rivets.

> D. If the straps are placed beneath the vinyl cover before they are
> riveted in
> place, How is the vinyl finished over the strap? Is it folded under and
> notched on the sides? It is supplied as a straight edge on the lip sewn to
> the
> armacord.

The lid is completely trimmed, then the straps are installed on the inside
surface of the front lip. Therefore the straps will be fitted against the
vinyl that wrapped under the lip and glued inside.
Pictures are att'd that may help. All trim is original and undisturbed
except the new straps to replace the broken originals.

Rich Chrysler

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of dendecker BN1 002.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of dendecker BN1 001.jpg]