[Healeys] Color Poll Please

R. Cobb rcobb at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 12 10:11:09 MDT 2008

original message

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:25:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jim Culp <jculpjr at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Healeys] Color poll please
To: healeys at autox.team.net

For those who have seen Golden Beige Metallic in the metal, is it ugly?

The reason for my question is that I'm restoring my '67 BJ8 which originally came from the factory in GBM, but the prior owner saw fit to paint the car silver with black coves, so all I have to go by are the scattered remnants of gold hidden in various parts of the car and it's very difficult to get an idea of the color as a whole.  I have seen pictures online, but I'm not sure if those pictures are an accurate representation of the color in real life.

I was going to use the Lexus gold, but the wife doesn't like it.  Then I was settled on Jaguar "Winter Gold" but I've decided that there is too much green in that particular color.  According to a couple of Healey folks I've spoken with, true GBM is dull and quite ugly.  Is this really the case?

Hi Jim,

I vote for Healey Metallic Golden Beige.  It is a wonderful color!
Presuming you get the right color tone, I understand that the real
issues relate to the aluminum metal flake.  Another lister already
mentioned about requiring small aluminum flakes.  The other key factor
is to specify "dull" rather than "bright" or "shiny" metal flakes.  That
makes all the difference.

Good Luck.

Bob Cobb