[Healeys] 100-4 aluminum B-post and sill plates question..... update.

Paul Barnes fiat500f at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 01:09:59 MDT 2008

Hmmm.  OK, I see the difference in the plates.  Yes BODY number, I knew
that...really! Sorry!
I guess my question then is this.  You know that area of the B-post plate
where the striker is located.  On my friends car (1954 BN1. body 2553), the
wasted original plate has a fully indented rectangular shaped area there
like the photo you kindly sent, and it matches what you note it should have.
But, the new ones Moss has sent us have what I would describe as a 3/4
stamped rectangle, sort of stamped making three sides, which they insist is
correct.  Obviously, Moss is wrong (again), back they go!  Where are folks
getting the correctly stamped ones?  Kilmartin?

Thanks for your help,

Paul B.