[Healeys] Color poll please

Rick Neville healeyrick at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 13:32:45 MDT 2008

When I was in high school, the owner of the building where my dad's office was bought a brand new BJ8 in Golden Metallic Beige with a red interior.  I thought it was beautiful then and used to park my rusty Bugeye next to it because obviously, we were both Healey guys.  That color glowed in the sunshine.  But in original laquer, Golden Metallic Beige, like Healey Blue,  tended to dull fairly quickly.  In fact, a number of GMB cars got repaints as a result.  With modern paint technology, the color won't fade and will stay vibrant.  In my opinion, you'd be crazy to paint an original GMB car any other color.

Rick

Jim Culp <jculpjr at yahoo.com> wrote: For those who have seen Golden Beige Metallic in the metal, is it ugly?

The reason for my question is that I'm restoring my '67 BJ8 which originally came from the factory in GBM, but the prior owner saw fit to paint the car silver with black coves, so all I have to go by are the scattered remnants of gold hidden in various parts of the car and it's very difficult to get an idea of the color as a whole.  I have seen pictures online, but I'm not sure if those pictures are an accurate representation of the color in real life.

I was going to use the Lexus gold, but the wife doesn't like it.  Then I was settled on Jaguar "Winter Gold" but I've decided that there is too much green in that particular color.  According to a couple of Healey folks I've spoken with, true GBM is dull and quite ugly.  Is this really the case?
http://mail.yahoo.com
Healeys at autox.team.net