[Healeys] heat shield board

Mark and Kathy mgtrcars at galaxyinternet.net
Wed Apr 9 16:27:25 MDT 2008

That would be the one Andy.   The squares would obviously be the back side.
You need to cut it with a carbide hack saw or carbide jig saw and expect to
go through a couple of blades at least.   Then touch it up
with a file.   Pretty dusty when cutting so do it away from the car,  and
wear a
dust mask and glasses.  I did mine outside to eliminate a lot of clean up.
It is cement board so give yourself some fresh air,  on and off.
Also it does break easier than wood when your cutting it so don't beat it up
too much.

Sure beats the heck our of breathing asbestos.

I also used a spray can " Kills spot cover"  to encapsulate the surface a
bit and give
it more of an original color and you can touch it up later if you smudge it
some where.

Some one on the list had the drawings put in a download, did you find them
in the
archives?

The web page address you sent did not come through right.  If you want to
send me the sight I will go there and double check the product.

Also if you want to see the finished product I can send you a pic or two.

Mark