[Healeys] Not Healey related. Parts in England.

James Lea clocks at midcoast.com
Wed Apr 9 14:55:28 MDT 2008

This is a bit of an odd request but I don't know where else to turn for
help. One of the cars I am restoring is a 1951 Triumph Renown. I belong to
the TROC in England but due to their insurance company rules they will not
sell parts to the US. I have never heard of such foolishness from any other
club but they will not relent and they are the only source for vintage
parts. I can arrange to send pounds Sterling to the club to pay for the
parts. So the question is this. Is there an Healey member in England who
could accept the box of parts from the club and then reship it to me? Also
is there a way to set up a bank account in England without actually being
there?  Right now I only need a new steering box. The club has rebuilt ones
but unless I can make other arraignments it looks like I will have to fly
there and bring the parts back with me on the plane. Of course I would be
happy to cover any cost or inconvenience. Any advice from the UK would be
greatly appreciated. Cheers, JL

James Lea
PO Box 25
Rockport Maine 04856