[Healeys] Brake Balance

TimWardUK at aol.com TimWardUK at aol.com
Sun Apr 6 03:18:04 MDT 2008

healey.nut at gmail.com writes:

Have you  replaced your flex lines and flushed the system anytime in
the last few  years?  I would try that first before trying to figure
anything  out.  L rear probably just needs adjustment. L front may have
crud or  a bad flex line partially blocking fluid flow.

Hi Alan

When I replaced the blocked piston last year I flushed out the fluid and
replaced it. On the Brake Test both the rear brakes have the same ultimate
efficiency when tested individually, but when the test rig measures them  operating
together they do not function together. The same is true of the front  brakes
to a lesser degree as far as imbalance is concerned.

It is almost as if the longer pipe runs deliver less hydraulic  pressure.

Thanks for your reply

Tim

Tim Ward
Warwick House