[Healeys] Gas Quality

Mark and Kathy mgtrcars at galaxyinternet.net
Sat Apr 5 06:07:36 MST 2008

   During a job the other day I was forced to listen to this "Good Old Boy"
talking to an unknowledgeable  secretary about how poor the quality of gas
is at "such and such" places so he only goes to Shell stations.

   He claims that he gets much better gas mileage out of  Shell gas as
compared to the equal octane of other stations.

    Even though I have to drive around all  day for a living I have never
really been one to focus on what my gas mileage is from the use of one
company's gas over the other.

    Being that gas prices are going through the roof these days ,  curiosity
is getting the best of me.

    Is it time to start focusing on  the best MPG from  certain manufacturers
over others?  Personally I find myself using the convenience stores more than
any cause its convenient.  (7-11s mostly) which is BP gas now.

    Keeping track of my mileage is a daily activity but figuring my mileage
has not been.   Is it time to change?

This is in reference more towards our daily drivers cause we all know our
Healeys are measured  in FPM (Fun per miles).

Mark