[Healeys] Lamp Search

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Apr 4 16:27:17 MST 2008

Hello all,

Again I am in need of some assistance. The 4123 original mile Hundred
resurrection with start up I wrote about last week is proceeding very well but
I've run into a snag. The car was fitted with contemporary U.S. made spot
lamps when it was new. One of these is still fine but the other is burnt out.
I really want to try to get a proper exact replacement for this lamp in
keeping with the period originality of this unique car.

These spot lamps are etched Chas. E. King & Co. Chicago 22 U.S.A. on the glass
lens. The lamp is approx. 5 1/2" outside diameter sealed beam with two screw
terminals on the back of the sealed beam, and a paper label is affixed to the
sealed beam stating the following:

No. 37-12
12 Volt
"Speed-Lite"

Charles E. King and Co.
960 W. Chicago Ave,
CHICAGO 22 ILL.
Made in U.S.A.

Can anybody supply me with another sealed beam of this description? A number
of pictures of these lamps can be seen on our Southern Ontario Healey Club web
site  http://www.ahcso.com   under the February event.

Thanks very much,

Rich Chrysler