[Healeys] Healey Frame

Taylor, Todd S todd.s.taylor at lmco.com
Thu Apr 3 10:17:42 MST 2008

I took my BN6 structure to Jule Enterprises in Canada in Feb. to get the
frame replaced.  I was asked to
Describe my trip here because there might be a few interested.  So here
goes.. See picture links below...

In preparing for this trip I called the Canadian boarder patrol
explaining what I was doing
They said I really didn't have to do anything at worse case they would
ask me the value
of the structure.  Ok, where would I get the value of the structure?
They suggested maybe EBAY
Or you can do it yourself,  Hmmmm   Martin says it's scrap metal, Ok, so
I did a little research and
made some copied of items for a folder I was to carry.  The last thing I
made was a copy of the contact
information from Jule Enterprises web site for reference.  I was told
the Peace Bridge is the better
crossing with stuff like this in buffalo.  It was about a 4 hour trip
for me one way.. I stripped my car
down to the super structure and threw it with all the fenders, doors,
shrouds, tranny cover etc.. in a U-haul trailer and drove it to Jules...
The only thing at the boarder was to show ID and he asked me what was
going on with the trailer.  He wanted some sort of an invoice or
something showing what I was doing.  I didn't have anything
to show him but the Jules web site information.  He looked at that asked
a few question about Jules and let us go threw.
The rest of the trip was driving and talking with Martin at Jules, what
a wealth of information we got about
Healeys.  They had 4 other healeys in the Garage at various stages
including a 59 corvette. Martin showed us
their rack and pinion steering setup for Healeys, fuel injection system
in the works.  His other cars. These guys are real modern day motor
heads.  It was a very good trip, can't wait to go back, besides the
frame service he's putting together a Shopping list of services that
they can perform on my car.  I'm not sure if I'll have any issues bring
the car back across the boarder.  I don't have any paper work saying I
took the car over so I hope they won't try to say I bought the whole
thing in Canada but I'll have an invoice stating the work that was done.
Martin thinks I won't
have a problem.. I briefly described the trip here because there is a
limit to what the list can handle.  I've owned this car since 1978 and
hasn't been on the road since 1979.  I've only told my story about my
healey to the 100-6 registry person..  Any questions you can reach me
off the list.. Just making a driver out of the car..  I'll need help
from the list in the future at rebuild I'm sure.

 http://www.jule-enterprises.com

The Healey tour pictures are here
http://picasaweb.google.com/ostrouch/Todd_Healey_Tour_Feb_2008?authkey=Y
k2GIlUntsE

You might be better off looking at the larger pictures because I noticed
some of the thumb nails haven't come through
But the picture are still there if any one is interested.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ostrouch/Todd_Healey_Tour_Feb_2008/photo?aut
hkey=Yk2GIlUntsE#5170365475574683794