[Healeys] 1959 Healey 3000

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Wed Apr 2 16:54:03 MST 2008

In a message dated 4/2/08 9:41:57 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net writes:

> Hey Folks,
>
> My British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate came in the post today!
> :)
>
> I was suprised by a couple things (like the car was listed as a
> duotone, which tells me the car was repainted at least once).
>
> 1) Make & Model: Austin-Healey 3000 Mark I Four-Seater
> 2) Car/Chassis #: H-BT7-L/5479
> 3) Engine #:  29D-RU-H/6742
> 4) Body #: 5699
> 5) Specification: LHD, North AmericanExport
> 6) Colour: a)exterior: Duotone: Healey Blue & Ivory White
>                b)trim: Blue
>                c)hood (top): Blue
> 7) Date of Build: 18-23 November 1959
> 8) Date of Despach: 30 November 1959
> 9) Destination: Fort Worth, TX, USA
> 10) Details of factory fitted EQ: Wire Wheels, Adjustable Steering
> column, laminated windscreen, overdrive, roadspeed tyres
>
> I'm especially excited that the car was a duotone as I think that the
> paired colours look best (personal opinion) and wanted to paint it
> that way anyways. :)
> Where it says, "hood (top)" I'm assuming they mean he convertible top, yes?
>
> Jody

Jody, for whatever it's worth, I have HBN7L5229, built just a few weeks
before yours. My was originally Healey blue, but I   had it repainted blue
over
white when I restored it.
Let me know if yours has a triangular plate screwed on the top of the engine
lock at the front of the engine. (That was the opening for the sensor used to
activate the electric "choke" which was done away with, according to
Clausager's records, at 5235, though my clearly never had the
electrically-actuated
supplementary carburetor since it had a choke pull in the dash board).
Of course,when they say "hood" they mean soft-top, and when they say
Trim:blue, they meant blue with white piping.
Have fun.
Cheers
Gary Anderson