[Healeys] Key code number, build record review

Pete Groh pete_groh at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 11:13:20 MST 2008

I looked at John Sims Heritage Trust record and under Other Numbers -
Key numbers: FS.723.  The FP keys series number range go from 626 thru
750 and FS series, from 876 thru 955. It appears that the data was
copied incorrectly.
My experience with British car in production for 1956 thru 1962 used
the FP series keys, and later models the FS series. Depending what
parts were still on the shelf, may have some variation for the car.
Around 1963, some cars still had the FS ### still on the face of the
switch, and later models no key code number stamped on the face of the
switch. My own car, 63' BJ7 no number on the face of the switch.

PS, per past posting off the Healey list, car owner with FP 743 on his
car build record, contact me off the list.
Pete Groh (KeyGuy) Ellicott City MD USA