[Healeys] Pat Moss Trophies STOLEN

Reid Trummel editor_reid at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:58:40 MST 2008

I just received the following letter from Bic Healey:

had a call from a very distressed Pat Moss Carlsson over the Easter
Weekend and I am hoping that you will be able to help her. Whilst she
was in hospital over and just after Christmas, someone stole her two
most-cherished trophies which are irreplaceable. They are both easily
recognisable and certainly not easy to dispose of as they are unique.

The
first is a model of URX 727, the big Healey in which she and Ann Wisdom
won the Liege-Rome-Liege Rally outright in 1960. The car is in red and
full rally livery. Only two of these were made and the girls were
presented with them.

The second is the Guild of Motoring Writers
Driver of the Year award which was presented to Pat and Ann. It is a
pewter steering wheel with a hand on it and is engraved with their
names. This is also unique.

Obviously the most likely means of
disposing of these would be through the Internet or on eBay. Rather
than worry Pat with calls, can I ask that anyone with any information
gets in touch with me and I will then direct them to the police who are
obviously aware of the theft.

I would appreciate any help you
can give and I know Pat would. She has not been well of late and the
recovery of the trophies would be just the tonic she needs.

- Bic Healey

If anyone has any knowledge of the whereabouts of these items, including
offers to sell or auction them, please contact me off list.   Please also help
to spread the word.  I have also requested photos which I will post if any are
received.  Thank you.

Reid TrummelPortland, Oregon, USA