[Healeys] bj8 borg and beck clutch

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 05:58:52 MST 2008

Hi Guys
I dont know if anyone can help, but I picked up a new / old clutch at a jumble
a couple of years ago for my bj8 and while both my old and new cover release
plate is a Type 9-9 1.2" DS the driven plates and release bearings are
slightly different. The old driven plate is stamped 50052 and the new 53009,
the new is only 1/8" bigger so I am not to worried. The big difference is on
the release bearing, the old is a 41224 Q178 and the new a 41224 Q233, the
housings are the same but the carbon bearing is alot thicker on the old one,
its roughly 9/32 on the old and 6/32 proud of the housing on the new. Anyone
got a borg and beck parts list or any info.
many thanks Andy