[Healeys] overdrive oil pump question

George Haywood haywoodone at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 29 20:28:31 MDT 2007

Ron,
I think I'll pull the solenoid bracket and look to see whether the pump
shaft is moving up and down.  That should tell me right away if the cam is
on backwards.  Then I'll reseat the ball in the non-return valve and make
sure the spring is OK.  After that I'll go the the operating valve again and
adjust the solenoid and check the pressure.  If there is no obvious problems
then I guess a tear down will be next.  That sounds like a winter job to me.

Thanks,

George