[Healeys] Tri-carb jet tube clearance problem fixed

Daniel and Diane White dwhite4949 at wowway.com
Sat Sep 29 16:50:25 MDT 2007

Here's an update on the clearance issue I posted.  As you may recall,
the jet head of the third carb was right on the steering tube.
Following the directions of several listers (thank you for the
undo the clamp bolt at the front of the steering box, the plates on each
side of the firewall where the steering tube passes through and the
bracket (top and bottom) that supports the steering tube under the dash.
   A good shove moved the steering tube outboard and I picked up three
eights inch- enough to move the jet head off the steering tube and allow
the choke lever to move the head downward.  Fortunately the front shroud
is not on yet.  When I originally searched the archives re this I should
have varied the search entry- I would have seen the fix posted by Rich.
Regards, Dan