[Healeys] True Friday Funny:Nuts

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Fri Sep 28 23:40:30 MDT 2007

G'day

A couple of everyday cars back we used a Mk2 Jaguar. Lovely period car but
terrible to work on, so much so that if a spanner fitted it was probably a
Jaguar design fault.

One summer it developed a terrible dead animal smell. We looked for the
source everywhere without success. Some weeks later I turned the heater on
and almost had to get out of the car as the smell became far worse.

It turned out that there was a dead mouse in the heating system. It must
have worked it way in and when one of the heating flaps was actuated it was
squashed. Four hours later I had the heater apart and squishy mouse was
removed.

Just a month later the car expired in a flailing of chains followed by
valves crashing into pistons. That was followed by a XJ6 mobile oil change.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia