[Healeys] Carb jet tube clearance

Dave Schweninger quenty at ntelos.net
Fri Sep 28 10:12:41 MDT 2007

Hi Guys
I'm really curious about this. When I installed my steering column I
centered it in the instrument panel and let the rest of the pieces
fall where they may. I just looked again and every thing is on dead
center, fire wall, big column brace and the instrument panel.
I keep hearing that "No two Healeys are alike". However I don't think
that answers this discrepancy. Obviously these cars were put together
in an assembly fixture. Even with sheet metal wandering around as it
does, the steering gear would have to move to the right about 5", or
the scuttle about 1/2". Not likely.
Dan's picture shows his engine side to side alignment to be almost
exactly the same as mine. however vertically it's about 3/8" Higher.
I'm beginning to think that the difference is in the intake manifold.
Also not likely.
I measured from the steel heat shield to the carb face at the air
cleaner 4 17/32".
The jet is 1 15/16" long from the carb flange.
Thanks
Dave