[Healeys] Silicone VS Brake Fluid

geatros geatros at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 26 18:21:06 MDT 2007

Hi all
My BJ8 had silicone brake fluid in the brake system for at least 10 years
when I bought the car, never changed.  When I rebuilt the brakes I found
rusty pools of water in the calipers. The fluid should be changed every 5
years to keep this from happening. I as well won't go back to Dot 3 or 4
fluid.
 Silicone was easy to bleed....

Cheers
Kenny----- Original Message -----