[Healeys] Bugeye owners- Upgrades?

John Snyder helyjohn at cablespeed.com
Tue Sep 25 20:55:41 MDT 2007

When I was racing my Bug-Eye back in the '70s, I was running stock Chevy
Vega 5" wheels.  They looked similar to the Bug-Eye wheels, and were much
stronger and wider.  You have to use a thin spacer on the front to  space
them out to clear the shoulder on the hubs, and Triumph Spitfire lug nuts.
Might still have one or 2 of the spacers laying around.  Also installed a
good Pannard Rod on the rear axle.  Did the same thing on a Bug-Eye I built
for the street after getting too old to race.

John Snyder